Thursday, May 19, 2011

What do you do with your Christmas card pictures?


So this project is way over due considering that Christmas was 5 months ago but my husband was out of town for the week...the entire RAINY week...so I was very productive and made the most of my time, when the boys were asleep of course:)! (Why am I always this productive when my husband leaves and not when he is home?) So tonight watching a little television and listening to the rain fall outside I conquered this project that has been hanging over my head for the last 5 months.

Every Christmas we get SO many wonderful Christmas cards updating us on the happenings throughout the year of all our friends and family. There is usually a beautiful picture attached which I hate to throw out, but never knew what to do with before. I hate to throw them in a drawer or a box and just let them gather dust...but lets be honest if I am going to put them in a box chances are I will not look at them again and they will just take up space. So I make a collage of all the pictures I receive and put them in a picture frame to hang in our living room. I really cannot take credit for this creative idea...my mom does it with all her Christmas card pictures (She hangs hers in the kitchen)! I love this idea for so many reasons...1. it gives me a chance to look at all of our beautiful friends and family everyday and 2. we pray for the people in our frame!

If I received a picture from you this year...it is displayed in our living room for all to see! And most people that come into this house look at the pictures for a couple of minutes!

What are some things you do with all your Christmas card pictures?


5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

You are so cute. I actually put them in a wall in my cube at work; I mean I am sitting there for around 8 hours a day monday through friday, so its a nice reminder of my family and friends too

vercfamily said...

Great idea! And I saw our picture on there :) When we get the pictures in the mail, we tape them to the big window in our kitchen and leave them up for a month or so. But then I usually throw them away, except really special ones. I would keep them...but, like you said, they just kinda take up space. I would like to try this next year!

Jean said...

Must be a family thing, I do the same thing and so does Holly. I think your mom started it, or maybe Holly did? Don't know, either way it is cool. We pray for the people on our collage also. Thanks for posting this Kari.

Caitlin said...

I love this idea...i think I'm going to try it!! Right now we just have as many as we can fit on our fridge, but it gets a little chaotic!!

Brouillettes said...

Perfect idea Keri! Wow, mine have sat in a sad basket just begging for something to be done to them! Thank you!